(use of a mix master is preferable)
- Place the flour, water, milk, yeast and the pinch of sugar (directly over the yeast) into the mix master bowl
- Mix throughout for 2-3min
- Add the salt and 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix throughout for 3-5min
- Once mixed, place dough onto a surface with some flour and further work the dough for another 5min
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces and use a rolling pin to work into your preferred shape (round, square or rectangular). The base should be about 5mm thick as this will rise. Place onto a plate or tray.
An alternative is to cut the dough into 2 pieces and work them to match the size of your oven tray.
- Once completed, brush some olive oil over the pizza bases (cover all surface as this stops it from drying) and cover with some foil.
- Keep in a warm room for at 2+ hours or until it has doubled in size
- Place the pizza base onto an oven tray, if not already on it.
- Add the fresh tomato cacciatore salami and cook in the oven at 200° for 20-25min or until the base is golden
- Remove from the oven and add the buffalo mozzarella and rocket
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil